After breakfast, I decided to call Mike Oram after viewing his post on the channel group. There was going to a small break in the wind, but not enough to settle the seas. The report is as follows.
We decided it was not worth the risk with such a small window. Unfortunately as the weather is not called to improve. I have one more call with Mike to make sure about Wednesday, but chances are slim to none.
It's OK with me, the water and air are very cold and I really do not want to be sick all summer, I still have the SwimAcrosstheSound in 2 week and a good 10K in Long Beach CA in Sept. I'm always welcome over here and if the weather clears I still may be back.
I still did a quick hour with John Collingwood, cold hands from the wind chill, all else fine. Dave, the harbor seal, visited another swimmer, he wasn't interested in me, bummer.
... But in the meantime, Amanda and I (and all the swimmers and helpers at the beach) got caught in an amazing Thunder Storm. Flash Flooding was a common find. Amanda and I took refuge at Blakes, only to witness the basement and garden flooding, before Amanda finished her shopping, I'm pretty much done, but have one more go at it in London later this week, assuming I won't be in the channel.
I actually am QUITE ready to return to a HOT CT summer, I feel like I'm trapped in a cool Autumn fortnight with occasional breaks in sun.